Killeen is a city in central Texas, known for the Fort Hood military base. According to the 2010 census, the population was 127,921.
Features and Attractions
- 1st Cavalry Museum … featuring an outdoor exhibition of historic military vehicles. Public programs included Living History programs on the Revolutionary War, Civil War, World War II and Vietnam, detailing the daily life of the soldier, including food craft, drill and tactics, recreation and medical care.
- Mayborn Science Theater … houses a 60-foot domed screen at Central Texas College showing educational star shows & 3-D laser shows.
- Lions Club Park … a family recreation center, aquatics center and playground.
- Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport … current airlines serving the terminal are American Eagle, Delta Connection and United.
The City of Killeen is served by the Killeen Independent School District.
College & University
- Early College High School – 9th & 10th Grade