Copperas Cove is a city located in central Texas at the southern corner of Coryell County with smaller portions in Lampasas and Bell Counties. Copperas Cove’s climate is humid subtropical with hot summers, cool winters, and rainy springs. The population was 32,808 at the 2016 census.
Features and Attractions
- Rabbit Fest is a four-day arts and crafts festival held on the third weekend of May each year.
- The Ogletree Gap Heritage Festival is held at the city’s original town site, the Ogletree Gap Stagecoach and Post Office. It occurs annually on the third weekend of October.
- The Krist Kindl Markt is held on the first weekend of December in downtown Copperas Cove. It is a German-inspired open air Christmas market sponsored by the Downtown Association.
- Copperas Cove’s Classic Road Race is held mid-January each year. The bike race covers 83 miles (134 km) of the city’s hilly terrain.
The City of Copperas Cove is served by the Copperas Cove Independent School District.
- Clements/Hollie Parsons Elementary
- Fairview/Miss Jewell Elementary
- Hettie Halstead Elementary
- House Creek Elementary
- J.L. Williams/Lovett Ledger Elementary
- Martin Walker Elementary